Here is a recap of some of the calendar-related announcements from last Saturday's five15 meeting.
- Manskool - December 3rd
- Whoops! Postponed: Prayer Meeting - December 13th
- At Saturday's five15 meeting, I announced an open invitation to attend an upcoming evangelical prayer meeting at church led by Will Klotz. At the time, I did not realize it would conflict with a choir recital that night that many five15ers are a part of. The prayer meetings happen twice a month, so we'll circle back after December and try to invade one of the meetings in 2012 with youth. Sorry for the confusion.
- Christmas Party - December 10th
- Youth and parents are invited to our December 10th Christmas party. Here are the details:
- What: Fun and games
- When: December 10, 6:30 pm
- Where: Basement auditorium
- What can I bring?
- Donations for our SLM baby items drive (diapers, wipes, or formula)
- 2-3 dozen Christmas cookies to share
- Disclaimer: we will not be serving the usual pizza dinner at 5:15 on this day. Come hungry for cookies! And come with cookies!
- Day of Service - December 17th
- Youth and parents are invited to volunteer to serve in our community on Saturday, December 17th in one of the following ways:
- Habitat for Humanity - Franklin, WV
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing (two separate shifts)
- Sunrise Assisted Living Nursing Home
- Fairfax Nursing Home
- Blanket-Making for Sanctity of Life Ministries
- You can register online here by December 6th
Also, don't forget that five15 is collecting used, but functional, cell phones to donate to Cell Phones for Soldiers organization. Please place your phones in Ziploc bags, along with any chargers/cases you have, and leave these in the marked container at the Welcome Center through Sunday, December 4th. For info on erasing your personal info stored on a phone, click here.
Tue, November 22, 2011
by Luke Middleton filed under